This bread is my favourite – Why? Well 2 reasons:
- It’s simple – really simple 😉
- Always perfect – I dare to say every next loaf is better then the previous one 👌🏻
Here is the recipe. First ingredients:
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 50g wheat flour
- 250g oat flour
- 200g rye flour
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
Stir all the ingredients – if necessary add more water.
Grease the loaf pan and dust it with oatmeal. Put the dough in it and let it rest for couple of hours – it should rise.
Ready to bake 🙂
- 20 minutes 200 degrees Celsius
- 60 minutes 180 degrees Celsius
I have to eat healthy now so yes I still crave something sweet but I am looking for healthier alternatives for the food I ate.
Here is one – Cookies! But this version is simple and healthy.
- 1 can cheakpeas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp xylitol
- 2 tsp black seasame
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Blend cheakpeas and peanut butter. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir it well.
Prepare a baking tray. On a baking paper put the portions of the dough and flaten them.
Bake about 15 minutes – 180 degrees Celcius.
I cannot stop eating them! 🙂
I had to change my diet 😦 Well It’s not sad news – I will be eating healthier but new diet means pretty much I need to avoid almost all already prepared food and cook everything for myself. I cannot eat anything that contains sugar, yeast, vinegar or wheat flour.
So I decided I will bake my own bread but with sourdough starter – NO YEAST.
How to make a sourdough starter? Easy peasy, check the instructions below 🙂
- Day One
Scald a big glass jar – 1l / 0,5l capacity. Mix well just two ingredients and put them into the jar:
- 125 ml cup rye flour
- 125 ml warm filtered water
Cover it with linen tea towel, put in a warm place. I usually do that in the morning, in the evening I stir the dough again.
2. Day Two
In the morning I add to the jar the same amount of the flour and water as yesterday and mix it Well. Set aside. Stir again in the evening or earlier it the dough is running away from the jar. 😉
3. Day Three
Feed the dough same way as on the day two. After three hours it’s ready for baking! 🙂 Notice: only when there are air bubbles in!
To be honest when I read the recipe and it said you can make great pudding using millet, I was sceptical…. untill I tried it!
It is soooo tasty 👌🏻🙂
Just cook the millet, blend it with bananas and voile!
- 2/3 cup of millet
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 bananas
- vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp xylitol
Rinse millet 3 times with hot water. Cook until soft with cup of coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water.
Add bananas, vanilla bean and rest of the coconut milk to the cooked millet and blend it. It takes a while till It’s really smooth.
Sprinkle with chia seeds and bon apetit!
Source of the recipe.
After really busy weekend I needed a vitamin boost. Partying on Friday had its influence too 😉
Ready, steady, go!
- Cut one big pear and 3 kiwis
- Add some water, honey and teaspoon chia seeds
- Put all in a blender
- Drink it 😊
Really easy and quick recipe. Perfect for dinner with friends as you can feed 6 people with this dish. 😉
So get ready and prepare:
- 3 big red peppers
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup millet
- 1 leek
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 150g tofu
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt, pepper
- Cut the peppers in half and remove and discard any seeds and membranes. Put them on a baking dish covered with aluminium foil and grease them with olive oil.
- Cook millet as per instructions.
- First cut off the root and the green part of the leek then cut the remaining white and light green part in half lengthwise. Slice it.
- Cut the tofu in small dice.
- Heat the olive oil and chilli paste with sliced garlic and add the leek. Fry for 5 minutes. Add tofu, stir and add coconut milk and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the millet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and bake the peppers for 25 minutes.
- Before you put them in the oven add the secret ingredient – top the peppers with fried onion 😉
My latest discovery may sound a little unbeliavable but It is 100% true.
It is simple and really cheap. To get rid of a cold, running nose or sinus infection you just need one think – fresh horseradish.
The instructions are simple – take a big horseradish root, peel it and grate it.
Well For sure you will cry, like when cutting onions, but that’s necessary for your sinusem to cleanse.
Let me know if it worked for you.