If there is one thing I learned after my last vacation is that we should not overthink everything.
In Indonesia, or Gili Air precisely, people often told us when we were asking where to go and what to do, “why not”.
I realized in everyday living we often look for lots of arguments not to do something.
And than it hit me! What if from now on I will say “why not” to new suggestions, propositions, new projects?
What if instead of 10 reasons not to start a blog I will say “why not”!?
And so I did. 😀
I started a blog because …. why not? 😉
What’s your excuse? ;>
Why I love yoga and want to be a yoga teacher?
You gonna read a lot about yoga on this blog so this post will be short. 😉
Yoga is something that gives me peace and strenght.
When I was 8 or something I loved acrobatics and gymnastics. I got a book from my uncle – a book about yoga! The one on the picture below. At that time I didn’t know anything about yoga, there were no classes for children so I just looked at the pictures in the book and try to copy them. Every picture was so amazing and I felt like I can do many positions but also was scared about some of them 😉
Here I am now, dreaming of going to Mysore and become a yoga teacher!
I believe we will always go back to something we loved in childhood.
and it’s “A little life” by Hanya Yanagihara an American novelist.
I took it with me for my vacation – I thought it’s long enough for 3 weeks.
I didn’t expect I will cry during reading it nad at the same time sun tanning at the beach. 😦
Many times I made that mistake and read the revie of a book which basically told me all the story. This time I decided not to read anything about the book so I knew just one thing – it’s a story about couple of friends living in New York.
The book was overwhelming, I don’t want to write any details, it’s not a spoiler!
You just need to find out for yourself if you will like it – but prepare for something strong, unexpected.
I loved the Indonesian dessert – dadar gulung. It is delicious crepe with amazing filling – the one I ate was with caramelized coconut. It has green colour form pandan leaves – I think it deosen’t affect the taste. I took a picture of it in a really nice restanurant in Canggu, Bali. The place is called Dandellion – worth visiting. Dandellion Facebook page
I didn’t have pandan powder so decided to do some pancakes with Indonesian flavour. I made them with coconut milk and CAUTION! banana flour which I bout in supermarket in Ubud.
- 1 cup of flour (mixed banana and white
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ca. 1,5 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oli
Mix all the ingredients, if the batter it too thick – add more coconut milk or water. Fry till the pancakes are golden both sides. Serve with your favourite fruits, maple syrup or like me with desiccated coconut.
Before flipping make sure they’re fried enough.
Gili Air is a small island near Lombok – it is a part of Gili Islands archipelago consisting of two more Gilis – Gili Trawangan and Gili Meno.
I stayed at Gili Air a week and I totally fell in love with it. This island is so abstract if you’re thinking about your life in Poland. And now the details of my new love 😉
- once a day the whole island is off power, so you’re at the restaurant and all of the sudden there is no electricity and nothing works so you sit, see nothing and just wait -because there is nothing you can do 😉
- bars, restaurants, shops – everyone working there is so relaxed and light-hearted; if you go to a restaurant and a waiter comes to your table and sits with you, you will probably wonder if he works there – well I did even ask one of them. I thought maybe he’s the owner cause he is so relaxed 😉
- parties – I would have never thought there are this trance and techno parties, seriously that’s was so unexpected
- freedom – there is no police on the island so in every restaurant they ask if you want some mushrooms with your drink 😉
- no cars – you can easily walk around the island, everywhere you go is close – of course not for locals, they always say something is far if it’s not in the range of their sight
Tips for talking to locals
- if someone asks “Where you come from?” just say “from my mama”
- when leaving a restaurant say “see you when I see you” – you will make them laugh for sure
- they ask if you;re doing something? just say “maybe yes, maybe no”
I almost forgot – you can see what kind of pets they have at the beach 😉
Great food (BBQ especially), nice and friendly stuff and delicious drinks? Visit Zipp Bar